Places of interest in and around the Pays-de-la-loire area
- Bangnoles de l'orne (approx 20 mins) - 9 hole golf course, casino, lake, wonderful restaurants and pavement dining.
- Lake Sillé le Guillaume (approx 50 mins) - large lake with man-made beach with 3km walk
- La Fosse d'Athour (approx 50 mins) - The resting place of King Arthur and one of the most famous rock climbing sites.
- Le Mans (approx 40 mins) - Home of the Le Mans 24 hr and Le Mans Classic events.
- Caen (approx 1hr 15 mins) - WWII memorial sites and museums.
- Pre-en-pail 3 km away providing - Bars, Restaurants, Supermarket (closed Sundays) mini market,Saturday local produce market,
Open air swimming pool,Tennis-courts, etc
- Carrouges - With a beautiful Chateau, the headquarters of the National Park.
- The Alps Mancelles - The river Sarthe flows through this wonderful area which is only 15 minutes away.
- St. Leonard des Bois - Is situated in a very pretty river setting with a lovely old church, river walks and canoes. Close by is St. Ceneri de Gerei which is said to be one of the prettiest villages in France – home to artists - their studios are often open, good restaurants. Walk along the river and enjoy the old church with its hand painted frescos and the beautiful views from the path behind the church.
- Domfront - Is a very lovely mediaeval town. The centre was bombed during the war by the allies and don’t forget to peer through the gate at the end of the castle grounds and read the notice there. Town walk maps are available at the tourist office by the castle entrance.
- Caen - approx 1hr 15 mins
- Dieppe - approx 2hr 15 mins
- Le Havre - approx 2 hrs
- Calais - approx 4 hrs
- Dinard - approx 2 hr 15 mins
- Tours - approx 2 hr